Recipe and photography by: Emily Parent, RD, LD, Supermarket Registered Dietitian
These sweet and savory meatballs are the perfect addition to your evening cocktail party, backyard barbecue, or even on top of greens or quinoa!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 30 meatballs
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 ounces cremini mushrooms, finely diced
16 ounces 93/7 ground turkey
1/2 panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup feta cheese
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and mushrooms. Saute for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. Add blueberries and maple syrup, cook for 2-3 minutes. Allow mixture to cool.
4. In a large bowl, mix mushrooms with turkey, panko, and egg. Fold in feta.
5. Form mixture into 1-inch meatballs. Place on baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.